Monday, December 29, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
- Gather underskirt (its all sewn together)
- Finish beading forepart (its about 2/3 done)
- Attach forepart to underskirt
- Attach waistband ribbon to underskirt
- hem underskirt
- make pretty bloomers (because we will be lawn bowling in our underwear)
- sew hooks to chemise sleeves
- finish stitching waistband to overskirt (4 #&*@*$* inches left for heavens sake!)
- stitch skirt to bodice
- add boning to bodice if needed
- hem overskirt
I will make a last push to finish as much of my court gown as possible before the new year. And I will post pictures of what I've done regardless by Dec 31. But I may delay finishing the dress in order to get ready for Estrella War! Stephen needs to have almost a whole new wardrobe for the event and I need at least two more kirtles and a couple more chemises. We will be going sans kidlettes and taking all the seats out of the van to haul all our stuff down. This will be our second vacation without kids and I can't wait. I plan to teach classes and take classes and help wow the Known Worlde with the beauty and power of our King and Queen and make pretty things for the largess baskets. Aggie and his lovely lady are rumored to be running a kitchen and I am hoping to add us to their list of starving devotees. I am also considering entering my blackwork into the Arts display but I need some more information. If there is a minimum number of entries that is much higher then my completed peices of blackwork for instance.
On another fabulous note my costuming guild Occulous Candide had announced their quarterly projects for 2009 and I am interested in all of them!! I felt terribly left out of the projects for 2008 and a complete failure because they were not things I was particularly interested in making or couldn't really afford to make. It was definitely my own choice and I love my guild to pieces. They are an amazing bunch of ladies and 2009 promises to be a ton of fun. Gas prices are down to a reasonable amount and I can now afford to drive to the meetings even if they end up in Logan! Yeah for mass insanity disguised as sewing guilds!! I want to challenge my very quiet embroidery guild to help me with the largess goal. Must think of something sneaky and inspiring to motivate them.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
The corset is coming along great. I have almost half of the eyelets sewn and the entire bottom binding done. I received my Margo Anderson pattern two days after ordering it!! Wow that is some speedy service and it looks amazing. My list of costume to do's this week is huge since Ash is coming over next weekend to help me fit the bodice of my new Solstice gown.
Costume To Do list
- Finish rounding off boning ends (102)
- Finish handsewn eyelets (19)
- Cut yardage for forepart, chalk outline
- Handsew lace to shirt collar
- Make pretty white pantaloons (because we will be lawn bowling in our underwear)
- Cut and sew skirt, begin cartridge pleating
Now if I get everything done it will be time for pictures so keep your fingers crossed.